Are you aged 16-21 and love theatre? Would you like to get involved with MAYK by either being on our board or being part of our new young programmers group?
We want young people to have a role in all parts of our work, from helping us make big decisions about the company to deciding what we put in Mayfest.
We’d like to hear from young people across Bristol, whatever your qualifications, background or work experience.
What we’re looking for:
Young Programmers Group
Up to ten young people aged 16-21 to come to group get-togethers, see shows in and around Bristol and go to events during Mayfest 2018. Meetings will be once a month in the lead up to Mayfest, will happen in the evening and last no more than one or two hours
There may be other ways that you could help us do what we do that we haven’t thought of yet. This is a new direction for MAYK and we hope that the things young people can do in our organisation will grow over time.
What you’ll get from being involved:
- Experience working with an arts organisation doing exciting things in contemporary theatre
- Mentoring from MAYK staff and board members
- A place to talk about contemporary performance
- An ongoing voice in how we’re run and what we do
- An opportunity to help us shape what goes into Mayfest and MAYK shows
- Free tickets to MAYK events and shows from our partners
- A Mayfest festival pass
Get in touch
If you're interested, email email@example.com with a short statement on why you want to get involved with MAYK. If you’d like to have a chat about anything to do with this, please call Polly on 0117 925 9999. These are voluntary positions but all travel expenses will be paid.