What is mayfest?
Mayfest is an internationally renowned theatre festival with a uniquely local flavour. Every two years, in May, Bristol comes alive with the very best local, national and international theatre. From specially constructed hotels on the harbourside to intimate one-on-one performances in cars at the top of multi-storey carparks, to gigs, parties and mind-blowing dance, theatre and circus, it’s eleven days of pure magic, not to be missed.
From the Georgian splendour of Bristol Old Vic to Circomedia’s beautiful church on Portland Square, to the Tobacco Factory Theatres, Arnolfini, Trinity, Wardrobe Theatre, Cube and various nooks and crannies around the city, Mayfest entertains, excites and engages in a multitude of spaces. With an eclectic mix of local and international performers and shows, the festival pushes the boundaries of the conventional theatre goers experience.
Mayfest is a festival for Bristol with an international reach. Mayfest’s audience are a broad spectrum of culturally aware adventure seekers, currently ranging, but not limited, to 18 to 35 year olds.
Our research tells us that our typical attendees enjoy new experiences, love theatre, live music, contemporary art and cinema. They are sociable, curious and creative, follow the latest trends and occasionally set new ones. 60% of our audience is from Bristol, 20% from Bath and North East Somerset and 20% from across the UK and international. We are constantly exploring new ways to expand our reach and invite new audiences to engage with Mayfest, no matter their age.
We believe in the potential of art to be life-changing, political, transformational and to make the world a better place to live.
We believe theatre can do this in both subtle and dramatic ways. We believe passionately in the power of liveness, that nothing is substitute for the collective action of being in the same space at the same time.
Our wish is to partner with companies that match our vision and have an interest in culture, the arts, sustainability, good living and innovation. We have previously partnered with: Triodos Bank, Pukka Teas, Colston Hall, Mark’s Bread, Hart’s Bakery, Extract Coffee and Bath Ales. Now we hope you will consider joining us too.
- 5 exclusive invitations to Mayfest opening night reception
- 10 tickets to Mayfest events of your choosing
- Logo/credit on festival brochures: 15,000 distributed around the city
- Logo/credit on posters and signage in 6+ Mayfest venues
- Logo/credit on outdoor advertising campaign across the city
- Inclusion on Mayfest social media (c10k followers on Twitter and c4000 fans on Facebook, plus access to a further c40k on venue partner social media)
- Logo/credit and mention in Mayfest emarketing campaign (c5000 subscribers)
- Logo/credit on Mayfest website
- Mention on festival press release (previous coverage has included The Guardian, Sunday Times, Independent, Bristol Post, Crack Magazine, Bristol, BBC Points West, ITV West, Clifton Life, Bristol Magazine and various other online listings and arts websites)
For further information and to discuss becoming a Mayfest 2018 sponsor, please contact: Matthew Austin, Mayfest Co-Director. Mobile: 07989 500732, firstname.lastname@example.org
...Or fill in the form below and we will get in touch
From time to time we also offer sponsorship packages for other MAYK projects. If you would like to find out more, please contact us.